Juan de la Cruz Higuera Arias has over forty years of experience in tax consultancy and litigation. He has been a pioneer defending taxpayers’ rights in Mexico. During his professional career, he has obtained transcendental judicial precedents before the Supreme Court of Justice and the Judiciary, involving domestic and international tax matters. His practice has allowed the successful defense of notable business groups in the private sector, as well as government bodies. Juan de la Cruz is a permanent columnist in several prestigious law magazines and newspapers, and has appeared on radio and television programs. He has given multiple lectures and seminars about tax and administrative subjects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Comisión Fiscal de la Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados, A.C.
- Comisión Fiscal del Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México, A.C.
- Academia Mexicana de Derecho Fiscal, A.C.
- Juan de la Cruz has been a postgraduate professor in Tax Law at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, the Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México, A.C., and the Escuela Bancaria y Comercial, S.C., among others
- “La Modernización del Derecho Mexicano” by Editorial Porrúa (1994)
- “Diccionario Analítico de Derechos Humanos e Integración Jurídica” by ISEG (2013)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, PhD Law Studies
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Specialties in Constitutional and Administrative Law and Public Finances
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Licentiate in Law, Graduated with Honors